ADVERTISEMENT

NorCal Conference Preview

CCSF, Butte, or San Mateo

There are three very strong teams in this conference and Santa Rosa can beat any of them. I'm tempted to fly up for the CCSF/Butte game since I believe it will determine the top team in Caly.

Re: CCSF, Butte, or San Mateo

IMO, if one of the three is going to drop off, it will be San Mateo. I love the Bulldogs, but they lost a ton of talent to graduation. They lost their top three rushers, top two passers, five of their top six receivers and eight of their top nine tacklers.

Re: CCSF, Butte, or San Mateo

The CCSF vs. Butte game should be a great one. CCSF was able to pull off a narrow win on the road last year over Butte. This year CCSF is going to have the home field advantage and I think they will really capitalize on it. Last year CCSF lost to San Mateo by a narrow margin because their starting quarterback (Darius Bell, NorCal MVP) was out of the game (injured) for 1/2 of the third quarter and all of the fourth quarter. If it wasn't for that injury and corresponding loss (30-24), I think CCSF would have run the table all the way to a national championship in 2009. From what I am told CCSF is loaded with talent and has even greater depth than they did last year. In short, CCSF has something special going this year. Can't wait for the season to begin.

Second best conference in Northern California?

What is the second best conference in Northern California this year (after Nor-Cal)?

Re: Second best conference in Northern California?

Originally posted by Shoveller:
What is the second best conference in Northern California this year (after Nor-Cal)?
Valley. We have a preview coming later today.

ADVERTISEMENT