ADVERTISEMENT

Rankings

May 1, 2017
Can someone tell me how the rankings are made?
Why are the Non California teams rated lower in general, Is there that big of a difference? I would have thought California teams would be the best?

The California and NJCAA systems are very different. CA schools do not have scholarships but have no roster limits. In other words, the better NJCAA programs tend to have better starters but less depth.

The California and NJCAA systems are very different. CA schools do not have scholarships but have no roster limits. In other words, the better NJCAA programs tend to have better starters but less depth.
Just read your latest article on this years ranking. You are doing a great job but i wish more people knew about this. Coming from out east, I still have to say teams like butte and american river would probably beat the teams you list in the top ten but like you say, we will never know...

Just read your latest article on this years ranking. You are doing a great job but i wish more people knew about this. Coming from out east, I still have to say teams like butte and american river would probably beat the teams you list in the top ten but like you say, we will never know...
It's really difficult to tell what would happen if they played one another. In the olden days they used to play the Junior Rose Bowl and the California schools got the better of the NJCAA programs about 2/3rds of the time. However, that was a long time ago and things have changed quite a bit. With no scholarships, a lot of the higher-profile kids from high school that did not qualify academically go to NJCAA schools for the scholarship money. The kids from the western part of the country will play in California. Once money comes into the equation, it's tough to keep them out west.

ADVERTISEMENT