ADVERTISEMENT

RCC vs Mt Sac 2019

Aug 28, 2012
I miss the days of websites where you could talk JC football and of course hope to get a response. I was going to watch part of the 2019 MtSac - RCC game - but had to watch it all. It was like watching an unbelievable car wreck. Even in the last seconds you were pretty sure the once Mighty Mounties were not going to score that last goal line touchdown to ruin the RCC shutout. "48 to doughnuts" as they used to say back in the old days when the Mounties shut out Cerritos in the SoCal playoffs something like 47-0.

I’ve seen great RCC teams drop games in the playoffs that they should have won. But I don’t see that happening this year. COC has a great team but their 4th quarter performance against Saddleback leaves one to wonder if they are going to be able to withstand the firepower headed their way. RCC is firing on all cylinders in all aspects of the game. Unbelievable talent & speed.

Although I’ll be rooting for COC – in some ways I hope the Tigers take it all the way and win State. Tom Craft has worked hard to keep RCC hanging around the top (100 wins in less than 10 years). Besides it might FINALLY make “Jungle Jim” happy.

ADVERTISEMENT